Hey 1911 lovers,

Here we are in 2015, and we present you our first issue for this year. Admittedly, we are a bit late, but we have to admit that 2014 was not a good year for us. We only managed to bring you one single issue of our E-zine, which contained only one single review of a 1911 pistol. Lousy job, I guess. The only thing we can offer as an excuse is that our lines were significantly thinned, in reality, we only have one reviewer active and of course, he can't cover all bases.

For 2015, we've managed to recruit two more reviewers, which will bring the total number of testers to three, a significant improvement, so hopefully we'll be able to bring you a lot more content. And we'll strive to bring you three issues in 2015, starting with this one.

In this issue, we've prepared several interesting articles, which I am sure you will enjoy.

On different matters, the market is still struggling to gain the momentum it lost in 2014. Most companies sales are way off, from 2013 numbers and I am not sure they'll ever return to that level, unless of course the best guns salesman of all times (Mr. Obama) does something interesting again. Financial worries affected a lot of companies last year, and I am still not sure if they'll manage to recover from them. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

One sad thing is that from what we are learning, the old, respected name of Para-USA (former Para Ordnance) will eventually be phased out, Remington will bring over ex-Para models in their current product line and sell them under their own name. It's a pity to see Para's name go, my late friend Ted Szabo will be spinning in his grave.

However, it appears that there is no shortage of new 1911 models coming to the market, even some new companies decided to invest on the old workhorse. Even thought we see some strange models appearing, that can only be good news for us 1911 lovers.

So go ahead and enjoy your 1911s and read our first articles for 2015, I am sure you will like them.